7/18/2017

Bobelo

There's no stopping this design inspiration. I hope someone can keep up and knit these new designs.


What: Bobelo / Own pattern
How: Circular needles 3.5 and 4.0 mm
From: Brooklyn Tweed Loft, 277 g
Ravelryssa

When inspiration strikes, you have to get it onto your needles right at that moment. I had a vision of a relaxed, casual yet stylish boleroish cardigan with an interesting texture. So I went and got me a pile of Brooklyn Tweed Loft and started working on calculations and swatching right away. The knitting didn't take that long either, I finished the cardigan in a few weeks. I did have to unravel a bit due to my inability to calculate my own gauge correctly. But it was worth it and now I have a lovely new cardigan-thingy.



Bobelo is knitted in one piece flat. It's a funny shaped piece and you won't see it's final form until a bit later. Once you have finished the piece, you block it and sew two short seams that help make up the sleeves. Finally, you pick up stitches and work the cuffs, hem and the shawl collar. The shawl collar is shaped with short rows and the whole thing is finished with a neat i-cord bind off. The smaller needles are used for the cuffs. The rest of the cardigan is worked with the larger needles.



Bobelo is meant to worn with a lot of positive ease. The sleeves are quite short coming just beyond the elboves. The cardigan is shorter in the back and the fronts are a bit longer. You can wear it open or close it with a shawl pin.



Except for the borders, the cardigan is worked in bubble stitch that consists of dropped and picked up stitches. There is a chart, written instructions and a photo tutorial and I promise you, it's very easy.


The pattern has sizes XXS-XS-S (M1-M2-L1) L2-XL-XXL and you  can buy it by clicking the link below.


I chose to make mine in Brooklyn Tweedin Loft. Its woolly and airy texture is a perfect fit for this pattern. Its light and fluffy, yet warm. I made mine in the colorway Postcard which is this amazing blend of pink and grey.



I've used this one a lot ever since I finished it. I know I'm quite partial, but I thoroughly recommend this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I love this design. When I saw it on Ravelry's "hot right now" page last night, I was excited to realize that I subscribe to your blog and might see your post about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear! :) I like writing a blog because there's always so much more to say than the small info on the pattern page.

      Delete