10/20/2018

Liath

I went and designed myself a new favorite dress.


What: Liath / Own pattern
How: Circular needles 5.0 mm and 4.5 mm
From: nettilanka.fi Lumoava Paksumpi Sukka, 600 g

Nettilanka.fi wanted to offer me some yarn for designing back in the spring. I chose their sport weight sock yarn which I had never tried before. I turned out to be truly lovely, handdyed yarn. I chose the silver color which is the perfect semisolid gray with a lovely shine.


Originally, I was going to design a cabled sweater but when inspiration strikes, you have to go with it. At the last moment I got a vision of a dress instead of a sweater. I named the design Liath which means grey in Gael.



Liath is an elegant dress with long raglan sleeves. It is knitted seamlessly top down. The dress has a V-neck and an A-line body. Majority of the dress is broken ribbing which gives the fabric lovely character. The cuffs, neckline and the hem have a few rounds of garter stitch.



The hem is shaped longer in the back using short row technique. I really like it that way because it keeps the dress short and playful at the front but makes it long enough so I don't have to be too careful with my moves.



At first, I was a bit nervous about how this thicker yarn would settle in a big fabric like a dress. Luckily, it's just heavy enough to give the dress a lovely drape. This dress has instantly become my trusted uniform for the fall: woolly socks, thights and a knitted dress. It's the perfect outfit keeping me stylish but feeling so good and relaxed to wear.


You can find the pattern on Ravelry or by clicking the button below.


I don't now about you but I could never have too many knitted dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment