5/31/2017

Soulful

I've been bitten by the designing bug. Which is a bit of a trouble maker if you've just agreed to design and knit something and then get the inspiration of the year for something completely different. Luckily I didn't loose my inspiration while keeping my other agreements, so I can now present to you me newest knitting pattern.


What: Soulful / Own pattern
How: Circular needles 2.5 mm ja 3.0 mm
From: Holst Garn Coast, 144 g
Ravelryssa

I had a vision of a light as a feather spring/summer cardigan. It would have a neckline higher than usual for me but a wider lace neckline below the actual neckband. At a local knit night, I ran to Holst Garn shelves to look for just the perfect uncolor. It was a tough choice between all those lovely grayish whites and pale beige colors. I asked a friend to help me and still couldn't make up my mind. At first, I wanted to make this pattern for the new Holst Tides but it didn't have this color I fell in love with. It did have a similar color but that one looked kind of soulless next to this - hence the name for the cardigan.


The cardigan is knit top down with simultanious set in sleeves. If you've knit my Uan cardigan, you know the drill. The vocal point of the garment is the lovely lace front that slowly disappears. I like how it kind of forms a V-neck below the actual neckline.


The cardigan has waist shaping and 3/4 sleeves. The neckband, hem and sleeve cuffs are twisted ribbing. I used smaller needles for the neck band to make it snug enough. Size M2 took 14 buttons. The button band is also knitted in twisted rib.


The very best thing about the cardigan is how light and airy it is. I made mine in size M2 and it took less than three skeins of Coast! That's like nothing. The garment feels light and gentle on. Half of the yarn is cotton which makes it an excellent choice for summer knits.


As with all my pattens, this has 9 sizes. The lace has both a chart and written instructions.


The cardigan also sports these cute little pockets that are knitted seamlessly. The pattern has a photo tutorial on the technique. You can buy the pattern by clicking the link below.




How about it, would you like to join a KAL? My LYS TitiTyy sponsored the yarn for this design and they promised to also sponsor a yarn prize for the KAL. Head on over to Ravelry to talk about yarn choices and your progress on the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment