3/28/2019

Sulo

Working with two strands of yarn, merino/silk (70/30) and mohair/silk (60/40) makes for one divine sweater. It's almost half silk!


What: Sulo / Own pattern
How: Circular needles 3.0 and 3.75 mm
From: Shibui Knits Staccato + Shibui Knits Silk Cloud, 225 + 65 g

I was super excited when Shibui Knits asked me if I'd like to design something in their yarns. I got to pick the yarn base and color - what could make a knitter happier? The selection was gorgeous and finally I decided that after my successful hat experiment in the fall, it would be time for a mohair/silk sweater. So I chose Staccato which is a merino/silk blend and Silk Cloud (mohair/silk blend).


Combining different yarns makes for interesting fabric but also really cool colors. I wanted both yarns to be neutral but different colors.


For Staccato, I chose a creamy off-white, and for Silk Cloud I picked a cold light grey color. Together they made this luxurious pearl grey cardigan that feels like melted butter and cotton candy.


I wanted to design a simple and elegant cardigan - a classic that would go together with any kind of clothes. And that's how Sulo came to be. It's named afted my grandfather, making it a pretty special little cardi.


Sulo is worked seamlessly top-down. It has a round yoke with few rows of simple lace. The cardigan is slightly cropped and has no waist shaping. I recommend to choose a size with approximately 4''/10 cm positive ease at bust height.


In addition to the yoke lace, the cuffs have sweet little cable patterns. It's most definitely my favorite thing about the cardigan. The rest of the cardigan is stockinette stitch with few rows of ribbing at the neckband, cuffs and hem. The button band is also worked in ribbing.


You can find the pattern on Ravelry and until April 6th it's -20 % with the code FLUFF.



2 comments:

  1. If I want to substitute with a different yarn, what weight should I use? I understand that your pattern uses a lace weight with a fingering weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to use just one yarn, try sport weight.

      Delete