11/27/2018

What you knit is what you get

I got a modified pair of socks as I didn't pay too much atterntion to the pattern.


What: Wendel / General Hogbuffer
How: Circular needle 2.25 mm
From: Drops Fabel, 60 g

Yep. I started working on yet another pair for The Box which is getting quite full. This time I chose a free pattern by General Hogbuffer. I've been meaning to try the pattern for years already. The General writes his free patterns to fit his quite big feet so I left out one repeat to get a suitable stitch count.


The socks have a pretty lace pattern spiraling around them. The pattern repeat was quick to memorize and the socks were a breeze all the way to the heels.



And then I found out I would need that one repeat I left out if I wanted to follow the pattern for the insteps. So from there on, these are my own mod. I'm an experienced enough knitter to deal with this and keeping my stitch counts correct with the lace.


The pattern would have let the spiral go on for a bit and then it would've been mirrored for the rest of the socks. I didn't want to think how I could make it work with my stitch count so I continued the lace as it was. It worked nicely this way too.


The box is truly running out of space. I had to resort to a little violence to fit this pair in. And now there is only room for one more pair on top.


You see, Santa's little helper made a pair too! My sister knitted a pair of lovely colorwork socks. So maybe I don't have to worry about whether or not I have time to make one more pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment