9/25/2020

Kvartsi

Since the book project that started back in January and the MKAL which ate up my time in the summer, I've been busy all through August. I remember thinking to myself over the summer that I would gladly give up half a kingdom to get some time to just knit socks. Luckily, that day came eventually -  oh, how I enjoyed the simplicity of a pair of socks.


What: Kvartsi / Own pattern
How: Circular needle 2.25 mm
From: nurja merino sock, 46 g

Couple years ago, I made the most wonderful pair of socks. They had this amazing green shade and a beautiful pattern. But the most wonderful thing about them was the fact that they were ankle high which made them the perfect summer socks to wear with sneakers. I loved those socks. And then, I lost them! I can't even blame it on laundry elves as I lost both socks.


Then finally, I quit crying over spilled socks and realized that as a nifty knitter I could probably make myself a new pair - this time writing a pattern of my own. That's how Kvartsi socks came to be.


Kvartsi socks are worked cuff-down and they start off with a sweet picot edge. The instep has a beautiful but easily memorized lace on them. The socks have French heels and the heel flaps are both pretty and durable thanks to slipped stitches.


The pattern is written for ankle high socks but the leg can easily be worked taller.


You can find the pattern on RavelryPayHip ja Lovecrafts. And since I'm taking part in a Finnish virtual craft fair this weekend, you can get these socks and all my accessory patterns for 15% discount today using the code PIPOPERJANTAI.

No comments:

Post a Comment