12/10/2020

Strands of Joy

I've spent this year working on a huge project. Not only did I start designin full time after New Year's but I also signed a publishing contract with Laine at the beginning of January. And right now, as you're reading this, the pre-orders for my debut book have started.

Strands of Joy features 20 versatile colourwork patterns, including sweaters and cardigans as well as an elegant dress, a warming hat and a kid's pullover. The patterns are worked seamlessly from top down. Cast on a mindless two-colour project or let your mind find peace in more complicated knits that require you to stay focused.


Adult sweater and cardigan patterns come in 9–12 sizes and all are graded to fit up to a 62" bust at minimum. The kid's pullover is graded from 6 months to 12 years. And, the book also has one men's pullover and a men's cardigan pattern in it.


Anna Johanna is a knitwear designer from Muurame, Central Finland. She is known for her often-romantic knits with much love for details, textures and colours. Since 2020, this former statistician has been designing full-time. Strands of Joy (Finnish title Onnensäikeitä) is her debut book.

This hardcover book contains: 

  • 176 pages
  • 20 colourwork knitting patterns (10 sweaters, 7 cardigans, 1 dress, 1 hat, 1 kid's pullover)
  • weight: approx. 900 g / 2 lb
  • print only, no digital download code available

Printed in Latvia.  

Official release date 19 February, 2021. The pre-orders start today but the book comes from print in February and will be sipped to customers then. I know many were hoping for the book to make it in time for Christmas so all orders from my webshop will receive a pdf card you can slip under the Christmas tree.


You can find a limited batch of the pre-orders on my webshop, You can also get the book over on Laine webshop and lots of their stockists.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first book! How exciting. I’d buy the pre order from your shop, but I have no idea what the translation is to US dollars, and I need to make sure I get an English version. I love the sneak peeks you’ve shown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Luckily, you can pre-order from Laine stockists around the world.

      Delete