12/27/2021

Hieta

I love challenges when it comes to knitting. Though, sometimes the challenge can be to set out to design something truly simple.


What: Hieta / Own pattern
How: Circular needles 3.25 and 3.5 mm
From: WalkCollection Cottage Merino, 211 g

That's what I set out to do and I think I nailed it.


Hieta is a wonderfully simple sweater for fingering weight yarn. It's worked seamlessly top-down. The pullover has a round yoke with a couple simple lace bits on it. The rest is stockinette stitch.


The sweater has no waist shaping and the 3/4 length sleeves make it super light to wear. I can't believe I almost managed my sample with two skeins.



The lace rounds on the yoke are easy to work. I especially love the elongated stitches that are worked by wrapping the yarn around the needle several times and then dropping those extra yarn overs on the next round.



It was really fun to get to work behind the camera for a change for some of the photos as my summer trainee was willing to try modeling.

1 comment: