9/04/2019

Rakas

Sometimes I feel so romantic that I happen to designs socks with lace and beads on them. I guess that just happened.


What: Rakas / Own pattern
How: circular needle 2.0 mm
From: Vole's Nest Twist Sock, 75 g

Last spring, I was at the Crooked Needles knitting retreat and my dear friend was selling gorgeous yarns she had dyed herself. Of course I had to buy some. I fell in love with this high twist merino sock yarn and all those green shades.


When it came time to cast on, I was feeling everything! So I ended up designing socks with a stitch pattern that combines twisted ribbing with lace. And then, I added a few beads.


The socks are knit toe up and the lace starts right away when there's enough space for it. The heel is a round French heel that's worked with short rows.


My favorite part is the twisted rib heel and how the lace goes around the socks after it. The pattern includes detailed instructions on when to start the lace on the heel so that it will match the lace on the instep no matter how long legs you might have.



You can find the pattern on Ravelry. There's an introductory discount with the code DARLING (which happens to be rakas in Finnish). The discount is valid until Tuesday night September 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment