11/01/2019

Xenakis

I've been in the mood for colorwork lately. It's mostly manifested as just me buying yarn for colorwork projects.


What: Xenakis / Own pattern
How: Circular needle 4.0 mm
From: Retrosaria Vovó, 41 g

One of my most recent purchases was three skeins of Retrosaria Vovó, a gorgeous, rugged non-superwash wool. The label alone was enough to get me to buy the yarn as it features this amazing tattooed knitting grandma. I had a vision for a beanie and this time the vision made it all the way onto my needles.


Xenakis is a simple and fun beanie with colorwork playing with three colors. Though, there are only few rounds with all three colors to mess up your yarns. To balance those out, there's also lots of plain vanilla stockinette stitch with just one color.



The hat is topped off with a beautiful star pattern to hide the crown decreases.


As per usual, you can find the pattern in my Ravelry store and if you use the code VOVO, you can get 25% discount during this weekend.



The yarn was new to me but I really loved it. It's woolly and rugged without being harsh. Lately, I've been concentrating on non-superwash yarns - they feel so natural.


I chose the colors to suite me and designed the beanie for myself but Hubby stole it straight away. And darn, doesn't it look better on him - as if I designed for him. I didn't but he took it anyways. I guess I'll have to make myself another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment