8/30/2019

Dripping Honey

Some things take their time. This is a sweater I designed several years ago. I just never had the time to actually knit it - until now.


What: Dripping Honey / own pattern
How: Circular needles 3.5 and 3.75 mm
From: SnailYarn Merino Sport, 341 g

I love to wear chic boxy sweaters and they are usually at their best when they're mostly plain vanilla stockinette stitch. The trouble is that plain old stockinette doesn't keep me interested long enough. So couple years ago, I thought I might have the stamina for a boxy stockinette sweater if there were cables on it to help me measure my progress.



Besides boxy sweaters, I'm a fan of all things asymmetric. When I was younger, I used to knit mismatch socks with the colors reversed on the other sock. I'm the one you should be looking at if something is not straight. So I came up with this idea of a boxy sweater with asymmetric cables on each shoulder - back, front, left and right!



Dripping Honey is a top-down seamless boxy sweater with braided cables dripping down from the shoulders. One of the cables continues all the way to the split hem. The sweater features a v-neck and 3/4 sleeves.



You'll need a bit of concentration at the beginning with the shoulder shaping, starting the cables and increasing at the neckline. But once that is done, most of the sweater is relaxing stockinette stitch with just a few cables at the sides to keep you interested.


The name of the pattern got its inpsiration from the yarn. Few years back, I had the honor of my Utu cardigan being featured on the cover of Laine magazine and Valentina from SnailYarn wanted to thank me by sending me a bit of yarn. A bit is what I thought but the mail man came with a box filled with more than just one sweater quantity! One of those treasures was this wonderfully plumpy Merino Sport in the colorway Honey - hence the name of the design.


SnailYarn is having a shop update today to help you get your sweater quantities. There's a new sport weight non-superwash yarn in gorgeous colors - one of them Honey, of course.


You can find the pattern on Ravelry and until Sunday September 8th, you can get 25% discount using the code HUNAJA (honey in Finnish).

No comments:

Post a Comment