10/01/2021

Limelight

Usually, designing starts with an inspiration - usually. But sometimes, a friend needs your help and you might have to design something very specific. That happened to me last autumn when I got a message from Laine team telling me their upcoming shawl book was in need of one more very specific type of a shawl and they would need the sample for the photoshoot in just couple of weeks. Luckily, I was able to help them out.


What: Limelight / Own pattern
How: Circular needle 3.75 mm
From: Black Elephant Merino Singles Fingering + Triskelion Branwen 4-ply, 91 + 70 g

What they were after was a crescent shaped shawl in SW merino in bright happy colours. I had no trouble finding a perfect yarn combo in my stash and once I paired them up it was as if they were meant for this particular shawl.



I named the shawl Limelight after the bright green colour of the silk merino that I paired up with a creamy speckle dyed merino. The crescent shaped shawl is a fun combination of garter stitch, delicate lace and stripes. The stripes are worked with short rows and are all a different length. You'll need two skeins of fingering weight yarn, one skein each colour.



The pattern is part of Laine publishing's book 52 Weeks of Shawls and now you can also get it as an individual download on Ravelry, my web shop, PayHip and Lovecrafts. Use the code LIME to get 15% discount until October 9th.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! This will lift anyone’s spirits while knitting and wearing.

    ReplyDelete