1/09/2017

Rose petals on snow

I have the best friends. The kind that bring me yarn from their travels so I don't have to starve here in the middle of my 30 kg stash. Ahem...


What: Rose petals on snow / Own pattern
How: Circular needles 2.25 and 2.5 mm
From: Tukuwool Fingering + Hélène Magnusson Love Story, 40 + 12 g
Ravelryssa

My friend went to Iceland on a holiday and brought me the sweetest little yarn ball. It was 25 grams of berry colored Icelandic wool in lace weight. I knew it wouldn't be enough for a big project but I was instantly inspired the make a new pattern with it.


I had a vision of warm mittens with a lace top. It didn't take long until I had already cast on.


First I knitted the lining with the smaller needles. Then, I upped my needle size and hoped to get the same tension with the lace yarn. Lucky me, it worked! I picked up stitches above the ribbing and knitted the lace mittens on top of the lining.


The lace mittens use otherwise the same directions as the lining, except for the lace on the back of the hands. The lace incorporates pretty leaves and nupps (which you can omit, if you don't like knitting nupps).


This time I can't say that it's simple and pretty - but these mittens are definitely beautiful. Very romantic as well.


If you'd like to make a pair for yourself, you can buy the pattern here:

No comments:

Post a Comment