10/26/2018

Noki

Every once in a while I long for something simple and relaxing to knit. Like a simple beanie with cables. Nothing fancy.


What: Noki / Own pattern
How: Circular needles 4.5 mm
From: Rainbow Heirloom Sweater, 57 g

Back in spring I was admiring Rainbow Heirloom's booth at Edinburgh Yarn Fest. It truly was a rainbow of lovely yarns - every possible color you could imagine. So naturally, I picked a black skein... I was in a mood to make a beanie for Hubby dearest.


Then the other night I got a craving to see something actually finish fast. Something quick and relaxed. Something that would be finished almost as soon as I had cast on. So I cast on for a hat with cables.


Noki got it's name from the black yarn. It means soot in Finnish. Apparently it also means eaves in Japanise which goes rather well with the cable pattern. Noki is a sporty beanie with funky cables. The crown decreases are hidden among the cable pattern.


With worsted weight yarn and big needles this hat is really quick knit. It's ideal for a last minute Christmas gift.



The pattern is up on Ravelry and until the end of October you can get it with 25 % discount using the code CCCABLES.

No comments:

Post a Comment