10/28/2018

Yet again, more socks

Well, yes.


What: Blomst / Jessica Gore
How: Circular needles 2.25 mm
From: Plucky Knitter Primo Fingering, 78 g

Lately, I've been knitting only secret projects or something so big or elaborate that they're no good for social knitting.


So a week ago, as I was contemplating which project to take with me for a yarn shop trip, socks were the easy answer. This year, as I've been working on The Box, socks have been my go-to knitting when I don't know what to work on. In a way, it's been super easy. I've never had to make any decisions as The Box keeps screaming for more socks. There's always room for one more pair of green socks. Perhaps I'll need to start another box since it's been so handy all year long.


So once again, I cast on for a pair of green socks. This time, I chose the pattern Blomst from Laine Magazine issue 2. It seemed simple enough with little lace sections and some garter stitch in between. And simple and easy it truly was. A breeze. The lace was easy to memorize and after that I didn't have to stop to think even once.


The socks are worked toe up. I was a bit baffled about the fact that on the first page there we instructions for only one size, yet on the next page and in the chart, there were three sizes. I'm sure this has been corrected in the later editions of the magazine. My own was from the very first batch.


The yarn I chose for the socks was my very first try with Plucky Knitter yarns. It was a treasure I found at the yard sale table at my first knitting retreat and I've been safe guarding it for years. It was about time to actually knit it!


I liked the yarn a lot. The color is beautiful and the yarn is nice, round and plumpy - the kind that works really well in garter stitch.


The Box has now seven pairs. And you'll never guess what I just cast on the other night. Oh, you guessed, did you? Ok, fine: yet another pair of green socks. Hey, there's always room for one more pair.

1 comment: