12/31/2017

Looking back

The past year has been full of knitting! I managed to finish 52 knits - that's an FO for each and every week of the year. I used 27.642 kilometers and 7.418 kilograms of yarn. And still, I'm trying to see if I could finish one more project before the clock strikes midnight.


In 2017, I finished 15 sweaters/cardigans/dresses. Three of those were kids' size and the rest adult size projects. I also finally finished two lace weight sweaters I had started in 2016.


I cast on and bound off 13 pairs of woolly socks. My favorites were the cute couple's socks and the rainbow socks that I worked with two different grey yarns.


I managed to knit eight shawls. The Nordic arrows shawl from Laine Magazine's first issue was such an entertaining knit, I already cast on for a second one.


I only finished seven hats and just six hand warmers. It has clearly been a year for bigger projects.


And talking about those bigger projects: I finished two blankets this year. The first one is this green baby blanket I made for a friend's baby boy. But the other one.. I've been working on and off (mostly off) on the Beekeeper's quilt by TinyOwlKnits for at least five years. In 2017, I finally bound off the last piece. I also managed to tie all the pieces together but I'm still waiting for the inspiration to weave in the gazillion ends. Perhaps next year?



2017 was not only a year full of knitting but also full of designing. During the year, I designed, calculated and wrote down instructions for 17 patterns! The highlights of the year were my Utu cardigan featured on the cover of Laine Magazine and the e-book, The Girl Who Said Baa, I just released in November.


And talking about my designs, once the clock strikes midnight, I can finally release Hiplee sweater for everyone to purchase. I designed it for a knitting club and now the rights are reverting back to me. I rarely knit the same pattern twice, not even my own designs. But I know there are a few of you who have been eagerly waiting for Hiplee's release and I thought we should have a KAL. I'm going to make another one for myself as well because who wouldn't need two of these. Come and join the KAL on Ravelry.


Happy new year of knitting to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment